The mGage team explores the many different reasons why brands should put text messaging to work for their business.
Year after year, we continue to see exponential growth in text messaging for businesses. The possibilities and returns of text messaging are seemingly endless. Companies are finding new ways to leverage texting for marketing, operations, and customer service each day. Text messaging is no longer just a way for us to keep up with friends and family – it’s how brands build relationships and streamline tasks, too.
If you have not tried text messaging for your business yet, here are 21 stats that will convince you to try text messaging in 2021.
Text messaging has impressive engagement and ROI stats…
1. On average, text messages receive a response in 90 seconds
2. 97 per cent of companies found they communicated with consumers more efficiently after launching texting initiatives
3. 74 per cent of cell phone and smartphone users have no unread text messages
4. 91 per cent of Americans have their mobile devices nearby 24/7
5. SMS advertising leads to a purchase 50 per cent of the time
In fact, text messaging has significantly higher engagement and ROI than email…
6. The average consumer has 96 unread emails in their inbox and only 0.5 unread text messages at a given time
7. The average response time for a text message is 60x faster than email
8. Coupons sent via MMS have up to 8x higher redemption rates than coupons attached to emails
Text messaging is growing in popularity…
9. Forrester Research predicts consumers will get more texts in 2021 than ever before as brands try to rebuild relationships post-pandemic
10. In Q2 of 2020, SMS saw a 239 per cent increase in year-over-year sends and a 35 per cent increase in conversion rate
11. In 2020, 77 per cent of consumers said they use texting more than other messaging tools
12. Employees use text messaging just as much as email to keep up with coworkers while working remotely
13. 59 per cent of users want their communications built into the phone – not as a separate app download
14. 91 per cent of respondents said they have received a text from a business, which is a 20 per cent growth over last year
15. 5bn people in the world (about 65 per cent of the current population) can send and receive SMS messages. This number is expected to grow to 6 billion (about 78 per cent of the world population) by the year 2025
16. Juniper Research predicts that SMS business messaging traffic will reach 3.5 trillion messages in 2020; rising from 3.2 trillion in 2019
17. In September 2020, Americans received 2.6bn political text messages
Text messaging is an important part of a well-rounded mobile strategy, which is increasingly critical as more consumers browse via their phones…
18. In the third quarter of 2020, mobile devices (excluding tablets) generated 50.81 percent of global website traffic
19. Mobile devices are used for over 40 per cent of online transactions.
20. 46 per cent of people would not purchase from a brand again if they had an interruptive mobile experience.
21. In 2021, over half of eCommerce purchases are expected to be made via mobile
So, what are you waiting for? If you’re ready to find out how text messaging can have a positive impact on your business, contact us today to learn more.